LOCATION: Morgan County Public Library—Main Branch (Martinsville)
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entries must be brought to the Main Branch of the Morgan
County Public Library by 5:30 p.m. Friday, October 6, 2017
No entries will be accepted after this date
CHARGE OR FEE: None
Download 2017 Photography Contest
BLACK AND WHITE COLOR
1st Place $40 $40
2nd Place $25 $25
3rd Place $10 $10
A premium prize of $50 and a Fall Foliage Festival plaque will be awarded to the photograph judged Best of Show. Winners will be announced and awards given Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Main branch of the Morgan County Public Library.
SPONSORSHIP: Martinsville Arts Council & Morgan County Public Library
CHAIRMAN: Jennifer McKinley PHONE: (765) 342-3451
BOARD DIRECTOR: Judy Byers PHONE: (765) 346-8153
The contest is open to any non-professional photographer who is a resident of Morgan County, Indiana. Photographs may be of any subject, found anywhere and must have been taken after October 1, 2016.
PLEASE SEE BACK FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF RULES & REQUIREMENTS
FFF PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST RULES
1. This contest is open to all non-professional photographers who are Morgan County residents. A professional photographer is defined for this contest as being someone who earns over $600 yearly for their photos or photography skills. By your signature, you acknowledge that you understand this definition and will honor it. You may be disqualified if you are found in violation of these rules. However, the Martinsville Arts Council, Morgan County Public Library, and the Morgan County Fall Foliage Festival do not have the means to research if entrants fit the definition of a professional.
2. Entries must be submitted no later than 5:30 PM Friday, October 6, 2017, at the Main Branch of the Morgan County Public Library. Entrants can submit up to six photographs in the color or black and white competitions. Each photo must have an entry blank attached to the back of the mounting board. Each participant will be allowed to have up to 3 photos displayed at the Morgan County Public Library. Please designate which photos you would like to have displayed by checking the box on the entry blank.
3. All photos will be judged as an open class in either color or black and white competition. Photographs may be of any subject, found anywhere and must have been taken after October 1, 2016. Photographs entered in previous FFF contests will be disqualified.
4. Entrants must have a model release for any identifiable person in any photographs.
5. Photos must be a minimum of 8-by-10 inches and mounted on an 11-by-14 inch mounting board. Mounting board thickness should not exceed 3/16ths of an inch. Mats are not required. No glass or framed pictures will be accepted.
6. Entries will be judged on creativity, composition and overall technical merit. Winners will be announced prior to the Fall Foliage Festival.
7. The Martinsville Arts Council, Morgan County Public Library, and the Morgan County Fall Foliage Festival cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to any photo entered or on display.
8. First prize winner in each of the competitions and best in show will receive $40, second prize will be $25 and third prize will be $10. The Best of Show winner will receive $50 and a Fall Foliage Festival plaque.
9. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE PICKED UP BY NOVEMBER 10, 2017. Any photos not claimed by this date may be disposed of.