Food Concession Wagons and Stands Fact Sheet
LOCATION: Courthouse Square
DATE: Thursday, October 11 – 14, 2018
TIMES: Daily until 10:00 pm
CONCESSION CHAIRMAN: Bud Hinchman
NUMBER OF SPACES and SET UP TIMES: Approximately 13 spaces in the concession area. Vendors may set up after 5 PM (NOT BEFORE) on Tues. Oct. 9th and 9-5 Wed. Oct. 10th, 2018.
COST: $550.00 – SEND NO MONEY UNTIL NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE. However, if you were here last year, consider yourself “ACCEPTED”
DEPOSIT: $100.00 – NON-REFUNDABLE, PAYABLE UPON ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATION.
THE BALANCE OF $450 WILL BE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 1st.
- Receipt of application DOES NOT insure acceptance.
- Priority will be given to last year’s occupants (APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 1), then other applicants will be reviewed on a date of application and food offered basis.
- Once your application has been accepted – immediately return the requested deposit or full payment along with insurance company’s certificate of insurance naming FFF AND MORGAN COUNTY AS ADDITIONALLY INSURED.
- All festival food participants will be located in a designated area.
- Food will be served either from a concession wagon, built stand or canopy (tent). Note the state Fire Marshal’s Fire Code Requirements.
- Every effort will be made to provide as wide a variety of food offerings as possible.
- Please note that certain foods may be deemed ineligible due to the Festival’s agreement with the carnival.
- Unit must be equipped with an electrical box with proper size cord. This cord will run to the power source provided by the Festival – this could measure up to 100’.
- You will provide your own connectors to be Plugged into our 110/220 outlets. If you do not have the required plug, you will need to purchase one before connecting. NO DIRECT CONNECTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED. This will in the long run, Make it easier for you and the festival.
- Electrical wattage must be noted on application – 110/220 amps and amps needed.
- NOTE: Spaces are 8’ deep or wide, the length is 25’ or less if applicable. IF YOU REQUIRE MORE THAN 25’ THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $100 FOR EACH 5’ IF AVAILABLE.
- Concessionaires are responsible for trash pick-up in their immediate area.
- Fire extinguishers are required.
- At least 1 covered trash containers is required outside each spot.
- No open flames inside concession wagon/stand. (Note Fire Code Requirements)
- Picnic tables provided by the Festival are available for seating.
- Serving must be done within your assigned square footage.
- Due to local Fire Marshall Requests, NO sandwich boards or menu boards will be allowed in the public walking area. All menu boards will have to be on or in the wagon.
- ALL FOOD AND DRINK MUST BE LISTED ON APPLICATION
- YOU MAY BE ASKED TO DELETE ITEMS.
- PLEASE INCLUDE A PICTURE OF THE CONCESSION WAGON IF YOU‘RE A NEW CONCESSIONAIRE TO THE FESTIVAL.
- Camping is available at the Morgan County Fairgrounds. For reservations call 765-342-9905.
ALL GREASE MUST BE PUT IN A DESIGNATED GREASE DUMPSTER. NO GREASE MAY BE DISCARDED DOWN THE SEWER OR LEFT IN CONTAINERS ALONG THE CURB. ASK FOR LOCATION OF THE GREASE DUMPSTER AT THE INFORMATION BOOTH.
The Indiana State Fire Marshall has mandated that all concessionaires must comply with the Indiana Fire Code. The following are some of the requirements that must be met in order to be a vendor at the Fall Foliage Festival.
1. All empty slots in breaker panel must be properly filled.
2. A C-rated dry chemical extinguisher must be provided where deep-fat fryers are used. Said extinguisher must be in proper working order, and meet all requirements.
3. All LP-gas and CO2 drink-dispensing cylinders must be located outside of your structure, with the safety valves pointing away from the structure, and in proper working order.
4. All temporary membrane structures, tents or canopies must be properly labeled with the size and fabric or material type.
5. Hood protection must be used over open flame or other devices emitting flame, fire or heat, or any flammable or combustible liquids, gas or cooking devices.